The Lake Merritt Joggers and Striders would like to invite the Pacific Striders to join them for the 28th annual “Couples Relay” on February 26, 2006. This race features teams of two runners, each running a 5K around Lake Merritt. This fun event has a Valentine theme and runners receive a pair of running socks. LMJS is offering Pacific Strider members a discounted pre-reg entry fee of just $10 per team. You can download the race flyer from the LMJS website: www.lmjs.org On the left side of the home page, click on the “Couples Relay” link and print the race flyer. Kids team, total age 32 and under, pay just $8 and here is what you get for your entry fee:
- Every team will receive two pairs of LMJS logo’d running socks, a retail value of $12. (Socks are guaranteed to the first 100 teams, 200 runners.) Our thanks to Transports Running store, the sock sponsor.
- Every team will receive a goody bag containing Clif Bars, and other healthy food items courtesy of “Energy Well Natural Foods.”
- Post race refreshments including bottled water and bananas.
- The winning team overall will receive two gift certificates to a local running store, and the top three teams in each age division receive place ribbons.
- Every runner will receive a “Finisher’s” ribbon, new this year.
- Discount coupons good at local running stores.
- A random drawing of prizes including:
- Dinner at Il Fornaio
- Gift certificates from local running stores
- Various running apparel items, including a windbreaker from New Balance
- Water bottles
- And much more!
- Dinner at Il Fornaio
Don’t forget too that this race is benefits a local non-profit, the Hershey Track and Field Games-Oakland Chapter. This program is the largest youth sports program in North America and kids ages 9 to 14 participate in running, jumping and throwing events. So help support these young athletes by making a donation.
The Thursday night track workouts will be moving to Piedmont HS early due to an abrupt change in the UCB operating hours at Edwards. Below is the statement issued by the university.
Beginning on Thursday, September 29, Edwards Track/Goldman Field will close at 6pm, Monday through Friday. The track will remain open on weekends from 8am – 5pm. Please note that the track is subject to closure for IA Track & Field practice (usually held at 2pm).
This change is being made because there are no available resources to properly monitor use of the field and track. This has led to unauthorized use of the field, which has compromised playing conditions for the IA Track & Field and Soccer teams.
The club has implemented a new automated race planner for members. Unlike the old email in version which required manual posting and updating of new plans, this version will automatically and immediately post the plans of all members who submit them. To access the 2005 Planner, which is good for XC, Road and Ultra races, go to:
2005 Pacific Strider Race Planner (http://www.pacificstriders.org/race-planner/index.php)
In order to access the planner, you have to be a paid member. An email went out on Thursday August 25 with the login information. If you are a member and did not receive this email or info, please contact either Thom or Jeff. Once you have registered using the REGISTER NOW link (using the club login supplied in the email), you will be asked to created your own personal login info. You can use this to add or revise your plans at any time – no more waiting for that overburdened webmaster to post your latest plans! We encourage members to update their plans as the races approach. Those 2s (50-50) and 3s (hope to run) can be firmed up as 4s or zeroes.
Please do not share any of the login information. Non-member input is not accepted. Your personal information will be used ONLY to contact you if there is a problem or question.
See you at the races, or at least we PLAN to!